Blorch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the Week 19

5 posters

Go down

Sig of the Week 19 Empty Sig of the Week 19

Post  zomb Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 am

Theme: Animals (cos playing characters don't count, they must be part or pure animal, no fictional animals)
Date ending: Thursday midnight (EST)
Poll closing: Saturday midnight (EST)
Size max: 500 x 200 px
Size min: 200 x 100 px or 100 x 200

Misc rules:
-Sig must be made during the open time of the contest *on the honor system for the most part*
-1 entry per person
-Max file size: 1mb (pretty much only applies to animated entries so as to not enter ridiculously large images that would bog down some computers.)
-Winner picks the theme of the next SotW (special circumstances may apply such as holidays)
*Winner has untill midnight of the following day after the poll ends to submit the new theme to ensure enough time is given*
-Provide viable reasons with your vote when the voting starts or it won't count. (An attempt to keep down fanboying the character. Viable reasons are reasons pertaining to the composition of the sig not just the render. Being innovative when fitting a theme can also be a viable reason.)
-Please don't make any comments about the banners or decisions about your vote until after the poll starts. Artists have until the polling starts to make changes or decide on an entirely different banner even after posting one. If you make comments or voting decisions it would be unfair to the artists.
-Avoid voting for yourself and if you entered something try to cast a vote to be 'fair'
-In the event of a tie at the end of Saturday the next vote must be cast for one of the artists in the tie and will determine the winner.
-Any entries of H-related material will be removed. Continuous violation of this rule will result in further action.

Jen
Sig of the Week 19 Nekoentry

Dwlr
Sig of the Week 19 TaiFusig

Zomb
Sig of the Week 19 Scat
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 19 SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Week 19 Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Week 19 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 19 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 19 Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 19 Empty Re: Sig of the Week 19

Post  Dwlr Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 am

I'm going to have to go with Jen this week. The turning factor is that whilst they are both 'flat' Aids has a render that has perceived built into it so for me he should try to hold that depth. Jen's is pretty much brush spam so I was pretty depressed this week.

Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 19 SotW-Gold-1Sig of the Week 19 Pkmn-Silver-1Sig of the Week 19 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 19 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 19 Brawl-Bronze-1

https://blorch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 19 Empty Jen

Post  prettyful angel2010 Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 pm

I vote for Jen. Love the bg, love the cute render Smile

prettyful angel2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherbert Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:22 pm

dwlr looks like he put effort into it and zombs's is ugly no offence

Sherbert

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:47 pm

My vote goes to Dwlr. The colors and blending work well with the render and although its a little hard to see all of the render on my screen its still looks the best of all of them.

@Alison: If your going to say banners are ugly give reasons. I could care less but if someone were to join and use the SotW to improve on your skills and all you said was theirs was ugly so you didn't vote for it they would have no way to improve. Also say where you like the effort or what stands out to show that there was a lot of effort put into the sig. Your reasons are way too general.
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 19 SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Week 19 Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Week 19 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 19 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 19 Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Post  niky Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:08 pm

You guys are all great, there is a nice variety. alien

Zomb knows I wasn't a big fan of his entry this week but I wouldn't define it as ugly, my opinion was tainted before i even saw the image per say. However it is good i like the back ground, the animal however scares me a bit but I do have irrational fears.

Jen's is super cute, the render is very adorable. The background is a lil bright to the left, kinda takes the eye away from the girl. In all thou I really like it.

Dwlr is who my vote is for this week. His really dominates and demands attention. The over all angle and use of colors is really cool. Makes you look at. Great job.

cheers
niky
niky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down