Blorch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the Week 18

+2
Jen2221994
zomb
6 posters

Go down

Sig of the Week 18 Empty Sig of the Week 18

Post  zomb Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Theme: Motivation/Demotivation Poster (It should still be a banner but should include the word/phrase that would come on your typical Motivation/Demotivation poster. Can be an original or a banner take on an existing one.) An example for those who live under a rock and don't know what these posters are: example.
Date ending: Thursday midnight (EST)
Poll closing: Saturday midnight (EST)
Size max: 500 x 200 px
Size min: 200 x 100 px or 100 x 200

Misc rules:
-Sig must be made during the open time of the contest *on the honor system for the most part*
-1 entry per person
-Max file size: 1mb (pretty much only applies to animated entries so as to not enter ridiculously large images that would bog down some computers.)
-Winner picks the theme of the next SotW (special circumstances may apply such as holidays)
*Winner has untill midnight of the following day after the poll ends to submit the new theme to ensure enough time is given*
-Provide viable reasons with your vote when the voting starts or it won't count. (An attempt to keep down fanboying the character. Viable reasons are reasons pertaining to the composition of the sig not just the render. Being innovative when fitting a theme can also be a viable reason.)
-Please don't make any comments about the banners or decisions about your vote until after the poll starts. Artists have until the polling starts to make changes or decide on an entirely different banner even after posting one. If you make comments or voting decisions it would be unfair to the artists.
-Avoid voting for yourself and if you entered something try to cast a vote to be 'fair'
-In the event of a tie at the end of Saturday the next vote must be cast for one of the artists in the tie and will determine the winner.
-Any entries of H-related material will be removed. Continuous violation of this rule will result in further action.

Zomb
Sig of the Week 18 Kanadetachibanatext

Dwlr
Sig of the Week 18 CrawmeraxPoster

Alison
Sig of the Week 18 Grimerrcopy

Jen
Sig of the Week 18 Demotivationalposter

Last edited by Zomb on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 18 SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Week 18 Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Week 18 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 18 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 18 Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 18 Empty Re: Sig of the Week 18

Post  Jen2221994 Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 pm

My entry:
Sig of the Week 18 Demotivationalposter

If voting has started I'd also like for Zomb's. I don't see what Dwlr did with his banner aside from adding text it looks like a stock to me, it looks nice though and I like the text placement. Alison's is hard to read the text and just looks like a water stock on a gradient so my vote for Zomb is based on perceived effort and the text made me chuckle. Razz
Jen2221994
Jen2221994

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm going with Dwlr because although some of the background runs together with the render I think its mostly the renders fault. It looks good with a background that looks nice without pulling your view away from the render that takes up the whole sig.

Jen's is amusing and was hard to choose between hers and dwlr's

Jen summed up Alison's pretty well so I'll leave it at that.
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 18 SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Week 18 Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Week 18 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 18 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 18 Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwlr Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:40 pm

My vote goes to Aids. Amusing text is amusing.

Jen's is obviously a quick made banner and the quality suffers. (i.e. the white around the render, the simple background, and the relatively hard to read text shows that not much was put into making it clear.) It's not bad for what I'm assuming to be 20-30 minutes of work though she stole my most common gradient mappings which was a robotic thing without thought of whether it fitted the image. *For future reference warm grad maps != on cool banners, the violet to yellow one can almost always be used to give a bit of color back to skin tone which often gets whited out as the layers stack, the blue to orange grad map that usually goes under should change to blue to red, it offsets the cooler colors better so it isn't a 'fight' between warm colors and cool colors on the final product. She also tried to use the same thing I use for depth and failed miserably at it, what she has is spotted blurring entirely incosistent with the apparent depth. She likely oversharpened it and then tried to spot fix it which is a fatal error when trying to acheive depth.

Alison's is fugly plain and simple.
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 18 SotW-Gold-1Sig of the Week 18 Pkmn-Silver-1Sig of the Week 18 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 18 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 18 Brawl-Bronze-1

https://blorch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  niky Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:20 pm

I like them all but for sake of contest on this one I vote Zomb. The colors and image go together nicely and the text is quite amusing.

Jens is very nice I lol at the awkward moments.

Alison can read my mind, I dream of a purple gummy monster, who I am friends with btw.

Dwlr I like it, makes me go D: a lil, think it may have spied the purple gummy monster and wants a nibble.
niky
niky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherbert Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 pm

dwlr cuz of the effort involved

Sherbert

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 18 Empty I vote for Zomb

Post  prettyful angel2010 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I vote for Zomb.So adorable.

Last edited by prettyful angel2010 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

prettyful angel2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down