Blorch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the Month - September

4 posters

Go down

Sig of the Month - September Empty Sig of the Month - September

Post  zomb Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:33 pm

You are allowed to enter any SotW entry you like (from this month) and go for the Artist of the Month title.
Rules:
1) Provide valid reasons for your number 1 vote. (You may vote for yourself for #2 or #3 positions if you truly think you deserve it, but if you do so you must provide additional reasons as to why yours belong there and the others fall short)
2) Rank all the entries in order, for the scoring system to be explained further down.
3) Judge the entry they picked to use in the SotW and not how well you think they did throughout the month. Part of the competition is to pick the 'best' entry you did that month.
4) Entries can be from SotW 13 - SotW 17

Scoring system:
Top 3 gets points as followed
1st - 5 points
2nd - 3 points
3rd - 1 point
The lower positions will be tracked for tie breaking reasons only if needed.
The scoring is separated by 2 point intervals to make the 1st position stronger so an overall trend of liking one sig in the 3rd position is less likely to win the competition.

Dwlr
Sig of the Month - September Rocksig

Jen
Sig of the Month - September Tsundereentry

Zomb
Sig of the Month - September Ironhider

Alison - chosen because she wouldn't pick one
Sig of the Month - September Angelcopy
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Month - September SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Month - September Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Month - September SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Month - September Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Month - September Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Month - September Empty Re: Sig of the Month - September

Post  Jen2221994 Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:24 pm

First would have to be Dwlr, at first glance I thought most of it was pre-made, but being nosy I looked through his psds to try to get some hints on how to do things and that particular one was over 100 un-merged layers and the result is simply amazing if you ask me.

Second I'd say is Zomb, the colors merge nicely and the text doesn't detract from the signature and that's always a plus since it let's you personalize your work if you can pull it off.

Third would be Alison, it's pretty but it seems like it was a stock which she pasted a render onto. There is no attempt to match lighting or to blend the image so it looks natural, so from a graphical perspective it seems lacking even though it's aesthetically pleasing.
Jen2221994
Jen2221994

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm

1) Dwlr - Colors and blending make it look really nice and the banner flows well
2) Jen
3) Zomb - Its better than Alison's stock banner
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Month - September SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Month - September Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Month - September SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Month - September Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Month - September Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen2221994 Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm

1-ZomB = The blending on a robot which should have hard edges by convention is a bit fruity IMO, but that's my only real issue with it so it comes out ontop.

2-Jen = The render isn't completely render and I know I did it for her but it was to her specs so she's still at fault for it. *The pink directly around the focal is on the 'render' not the background. Ignoring that the rest of it suits the banner well and even the pink was atleast attempted to be integrated into the image which is much more than Alison can say basically on any given week.

3-Dwlr = Alison's is a recolored stock with no blending by default that makes them all better in my opinion and I can't even bring myself to be lazy this month and give her the 3rd spot.

dead last as usual-Alison

-_- Apparently Jen never signed out and I didn't think of checking since it's my laptop and all.
-Dwlr
Jen2221994
Jen2221994

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherbert Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 pm

jen cuz its sparkly
dwlr cuz its shiny
zomb

Sherbert

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Month - September Empty Dwlr

Post  prettyful angel2010 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I vote for dwlr. The bg seems to compliment the render perfectly. Smile

2)Jen

3)Zomb

Last edited by prettyful angel2010 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the 2nd and 3rd)

prettyful angel2010

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Results

1) Dwlr - 19
2) Jen - 14
3) Zomb - 11
4) Alison - 1
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down