Blorch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig of the Week 25

5 posters

Go down

Sig of the Week 25 Empty Sig of the Week 25

Post  Dwlr Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Theme: Thanksgiving (Most are American so ideas could be football, food, pilgrims, Indians, etc)
Date ending: Thursday midnight (EST)
Poll closing: Saturday midnight (EST)
Size max: 500 x 200 px
Size min: 200 x 100 px or 100 x 200

Misc rules:
-Sig must be made during the open time of the contest *on the honor system for the most part*
-1 entry per person
-Max file size: 1mb (pretty much only applies to animated entries so as to not enter ridiculously large images that would bog down some computers.)
-Winner picks the theme of the next SotW (special circumstances may apply such as holidays)
*Winner has untill midnight of the following day after the poll ends to submit the new theme to ensure enough time is given*
-Provide viable reasons with your vote when the voting starts or it won't count. (An attempt to keep down fanboying the character. Viable reasons are reasons pertaining to the composition of the sig not just the render. Being innovative when fitting a theme can also be a viable reason.)
-Please don't make any comments about the banners or decisions about your vote until after the poll starts. Artists have until the polling starts to make changes or decide on an entirely different banner even after posting one. If you make comments or voting decisions it would be unfair to the artists.
-Avoid voting for yourself and if you entered something try to cast a vote to be 'fair'
-In the event of a tie at the end of Saturday the next vote must be cast for one of the artists in the tie and will determine the winner.
-Any entries of H-related material will be removed. Continuous violation of this rule will result in further action.

Dwlr
Sig of the Week 25 Senasig

Zomb
Sig of the Week 25 Snoopythanksgiving

Alison
Sig of the Week 25 16kuvjd
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Gold-1Sig of the Week 25 Pkmn-Silver-1Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 25 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 25 Brawl-Bronze-1

https://blorch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sig of the Week 25 Empty Re: Sig of the Week 25

Post  Sherbert Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Sherbert

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:30 pm

My vote goes to Dwlr because the background looks good and the color goes well with the render.
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Week 25 Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 25 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 25 Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherbert Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Dwlr cuz i like the background and it really fit the render

Sherbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwlr Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:01 pm

My vote goes to Aids, once again Alison returns to her template and I still hold by that when voting effort and graphical quality play a larger role then the final result

That being said I like her result a bit better cuz I have some wierd green contrast things in the sky on aids on my computer and I have no idea where they came from.
Dwlr
Dwlr
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Gold-1Sig of the Week 25 Pkmn-Silver-1Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 25 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 25 Brawl-Bronze-1

https://blorch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen2221994 Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm going to vote for Zomb this week, I like Dwlr's, but it feels a bit 'cheap'. I do love the extra effect he put on the actual render especially the reddish brown on the white numbers it makes him look like he was playing hard and rolling in the mud, but the football field that gives the lines in the background clash with the anime style render and adding the scan lines to it to match the render instead of removing the lines which I know very well he could if he'd spent some time on it, draws attention to the bad quality render used since the scan lines aren't exactly same it makes it obvious that it was a cover up. Alison's is good too, but the turkey is a real turkey and the background has no form of transition into the abstract background so the real vs made aspect clash like they did in Dwlr's. Zomb's has good text, it's nice a simple while not distracting since it's still close to the focal point. I think I might have liked it better next to woodstock, but it still looks good. Since I'm using Dwlr's laptop I can see what he was talking about, but they're only green if the computer is turned a certain way and if the brightness on the monitor is lowered it just forms some light shading around the top, so I don't really think of that as a negative. The only thing that I didn't like is maybe the blending, all the Charlie Brown characters keep their outline so it didn't make sense as to why he tried to blend that with the background, it's especially noticeable around the pumpkin since it's outline is solid when it's over snoopy and then it turns into a fuzzy outline.
Jen2221994
Jen2221994

Back to top Go down

Post  prettyful angel2010 Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:15 pm

I vote for dwlr. The colors are terrific as well as the blending.

prettyful angel2010

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Spam for test purposes
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :
Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Silver-1Sig of the Week 25 Pkmn-Participant-2Sig of the Week 25 SotW-Patron-Scherox-VersionSig of the Week 25 Dio-Tribute-1Sig of the Week 25 Brawl-Bronze-1

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Spam for test purposes
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Spam for test purposes
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  zomb Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Spam for test purposes
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Spam for test purposes
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Spam for test purposes
zomb
zomb
Admin

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down